Coppers Classic 2018
Do you love handbells? Do you have a passion to learn, to create the most musical experience of each composition and to celebrate your music making with others who share your joy? Then Coppers Classic is definitely for you!
HOW DOES IT WORK
- Musicians complete an online registration. Click here for registration.
- Payment is made online via PayPal or by “snail” mail.
- Each musician is assigned a part (i.e., E/F6-7) which they will ring throughout the event.
- Musicians purchase their own scores and learn their part to the best of their ability on their own. The event provides useful tips for personal practice and sets up a group email so local rehearsals can be organized and announced.
- Event rehearsals begin on Friday morning, October 12, 2018 and continue through Sunday October 14th.
- A public concert is held Sunday, October 14th, 4pm.
MINI WORKSHOP Thurs, Oct 11, 7-9 (optional and open to the public)
Treble Toolkit 101 with Kim Braswell
Trebles can have their own troubles including quick changes, concurrent multiple techniques, and seemingly impossible passages. Once you have the right “tools” in your grasp, it’s easy to create a new solution. Join us to increase your musical skills as we work to find the melody and support the music using basic and varied multi-bell techniques also those reminders of the little things we all know but often leave in the box.
Click here for more information and mail in form: treble.toolkit101.
CLASSY EVENT POLO (optional)
The Coppers Classic 2018 polo will be a deep berry color this year. It is available in sizes XS-XXL. Place your order before September 15 to ensure you will be able to get one! They’re popular!!
Click here for more information and a mail in form: Coppers Classic 2018 Polo Order.
Handbell musicians from Area 10 may apply for scholarships to Coppers Classic. There is one adult scholarship and one full-time student scholarship available. The scholarship includes full registration fee plus up to $50 towards the purchase of music. Deadline for application is July 27, 2018. Click here for more details and application.
Coppers Classic 2018 is held at the University Hotel and Conference Center (310 SW Lincoln Street Portland, OR 97201). Standard rooms are available with king or two double beds may be reserved for $89/night. Call 866-845-4647 to make your reservation.
HOW TO GET THERE
University Place Hotel and Conference Center is located in SW Portland near Portland State University. Access is easy via I-5 from north or south. Those flying should fly into Portland International Airport (PDX). There is a public transportation MAX stop at the airport. MAX will being you right to the doorstep.