Coppers Classic 2019
Do you love handbells? Do you have a passion to learn, to create the most musical experience of each composition and to celebrate your music making with others who share your joy? Then Coppers Classic is definitely for you!
HOW DOES IT WORK
- Musicians complete an online registration. Click here for registration page.
- Payment is made online via PayPal only. No “snail” mail this year.
- Each musician is assigned a part (i.e., E/F6-7) which they will ring throughout the event.
- Musicians purchase their own scores and learn their part to the best of their ability on their own. The event provides useful tips for personal practice and sets up a group email so local rehearsals can be organized and announced.
- Event rehearsals begin on Friday morning, October 11, 2019 and continue through Sunday October 13th.
- A public concert is held Sunday, October 13th, 4pm.
MINI WORKSHOP Thurs, Oct 10, 7-9 (optional and open to the public)
2019 workshop to be announced soon!
CLASSY EVENT POLO (optional)
The Coppers Classic 2019 polo will available in sizes XS-XXL. Place your order before September 15 to ensure you will be able to get one! They’re popular!!
Color and ordering options will be available soon!
Handbell musicians from Area 10 may apply for scholarships to Coppers Classic. There is one adult scholarship and one full-time student scholarship available. The scholarship includes full registration fee plus up to $50 towards the purchase of music. Deadline for application is July 26, 2019. Click here for more details and application.
Coppers Classic 2019 will be held at the University Hotel and Conference Center (310 SW Lincoln Street Portland, OR 97201). Standard rooms are available with king or two double beds may be reserved for $99/night.
Book online at www.uplacehotel.com reservation page and enter Booking Code: GROUP, or Call 866-845-4647 and choose Option 1 to make your reservation.
HOW TO GET THERE
University Place Hotel and Conference Center is located in SW Portland near Portland State University. Access is easy via I-5 from north or south. Those flying should fly into Portland International Airport (PDX). There is a public transportation MAX stop at the airport. MAX will being you right to the doorstep.